- Joko Guntoro. Graduated from Gadjah Mada University in 2007 and Indonesian Islamic University. Since that time, joined local NGO called YEL as livelihood officer to support Sumatran Orang Utan Conservation Program. Experienced in environmental conservation campaign, social media, developing ecotourism and sustainable livelihood, high interest in herpetology, particularly freshwater turtles and reptiles in general. Found Satucita in 2009 to promote and carry out conservation of freshwater turtles, tortoises and their habitat. Selected as Disney Conservation Hero in 2016 and nominee of Kalpataru in 2016. He is directing, planning, monitoring the programs of Satucita. Currently, he is also a member of IUCN – Tortoises and Freshwater Turtles Specialist Group, IUCN – Commission on Education and Communication, Associate editor of Asian Journal of Conservation Biology. He is also writing some papers, popular article in newspaper and magazine.
- Yusriyono. Diploma in Management. Active in some social organizations, a journalist in local newspaper. High interest in environmental conservation and journalism. He is responsible to run Satucita smoothly to achieve it’s mission and vision.
- Dina Firmadiana, S.Hut. Completed her bachelor degree in forestry at Syah Kuala University in 2020. She has many experience and specialization in mangrove researches. When she was student, she is actively in student organization as secretary. She was also took internship with us in 2019, so Painted terrapin and Satucita is not new to her. Since 2021, she is join our team as secretary. Her experiences in mangrove researches and organization will bring contribution to our organization.
- Mey Fitriani, SE. Responsible for keeping financial records of activities. She was completed Bachelor Degree on Management at University of Samudera, Langsa.
Research Coordinator :
- Syifa Saputra, M.Pd. Currently, he is a student of doctoral program in Brawijaya University, East Java. His dissertation is about ecology of Painted terrapin in Aceh Tamiang. Since 2019 has been actively conducted field researches of Painted terrapin Aceh Tamiang. He is also a lecturer University of Al Muslim, Aceh. His background will be very useful to support Painted terrapin and other freshwater turtle conservation.
Outreach and Education:
Maharani, S.Pi. She graduates from University of Syah Kuala, Banda Aceh. Her final research was ecology of Painted terrapin in Aceh Tamiang. Her interest in social media, freshwater turtles, marine help her to run our outreach and education activities.
Painted Terrapin Information Center (PTIC):
- Abdul Hakim. Coordinator of PTIC. Joined Satucita since the organisation found in 2009. Experienced fishermen. High interest in mangrove and ecology. Active in some youth organizations. His roles are to run the Information Center run smoothly and building relationship with local community to support conservation of Painted terrapin in Aceh.
- Martunis. Staff of PTIC. He joined Satucita in 2013 as field assistant. His knowledge in mangrove situation and local people are useful to help us to build strong relationship with local community. He keeps and records the terrapin in pools at PTIC daily.