Today we celebrate our second anniversary. The Satucita Foundation (Yayasan Satucita Lestari Indonesia) was found on 15 October 2012. Previously, the foundation is an organisation that registered as community group. Then, the group transformed into a new form – as a foundation – to accelerate our wildlife conservation efforts.
We have faced many challenges and achieved some results since founded. The results we have been achieved are:
- Totally 144 hatchlings of Painted terrapin have been released into wild to increase the wild population
- 2 paper of Painted terrapin published in international recognized scientific journal, 2 documentary broadcasted in national television, articles published in local newspaper and national magazine
- More than of 4,000 peoples have been trained and informed on Painted terrapin status and conservation, included how to identify another freshwater turtles found in Aceh Tamiang
- Established a simple and basic headstarting facility
- Launched a new tradition to release hatchlings of Painted terrapin annually.
- The habitat and range of Painted terrapin have been investigated
- We have 1,093 followers on social media (facebook, twitter, blog)
- We have supported by internation recognized organisation such asTurtle Survival Alliance, Turtle Conservation Fund, Chester Zoo, Mohammed bin Zayed Conservation Fund, Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund, PT Pertamina EP Field Rantau. We also have build good coordination with governement and other local conservation organisation.
Nevertheless, we are realize that many things to do in the future to achieve our vision, a harmony between human and nature. We believe that vision is possible to achieved. Therefore, we would like to thanks to our funders, supporters, followers, partners. Without their support, it is impossible to achieve the results and to overcome the challenges in the future.
If you want to help us, please, do not hestitate to contact us at satucita.foundation (at) gmail.com.